Booking now open for SaxDay March 2013(October 12, 2012)
Booking is now open for the next Nottingham Spring SaxDay 2013
Sunday March 10th 2013
Djanogly Arts Centre, University of Nottingham,
University Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 2RD
10 am - 7.30 pm
Suitable for intermediate and advanced players with good sight reading skills, of Grade 5 up.
- Course director Alistair Parnell is joined by Naomi Sullivan, Julia Mills Sarah Markham and Nicola Pennill.
- Please indicate main instrument and which others you can bring
- The evening concert is informal (and free!) if you’d like family and friends to be there, please encourage them to come along.
- Nottingham’s sax specialists Windblowers will be available throughout the day with instruments, accessories and music to try and buy - www.windblowers.com.
- There are limited catering facilities on site (as it is a Sunday), so please bring a packed lunch.
- Windblowers provide hot and cold drinks at breaks.
- Please bring a music stand!
- All participants will have the opportunity to play in ensembles of various sizes. Depending as they do on numbers and mix of instruments, these groups will be assigned on the day.
- Focussing on various aspects of performance, including:
- Solo playing, repertoire and technique
- Musical communication and performing skills
- Introduction to jazz playing
- Some of these sessions will feature course participants (volunteers!) in various performance situations
- Observers will be able to take the audience point of view, and pick up valuable tips and advice for their own playing.